A perfect amalgamation of splendour and flamboyance, it’s hard to not be enchanted by Jaipur. Famously known as Pink city, home to a number of luxurious palaces and forts, one can easily smell royalty in the air over here! Yet there is so much more to this place than just rich remnants. Dive in to know everything you can experience while in Jaipur:
1. Visit Jal Mahal on a full moon night: Jal Mahal is a 255 year old palace built in red sandstone by Sawai Pratap Singh. This five storied building (out of which four are submerged in water) standing tall in the middle of Man Sagar Lake is every bit breath taking! Currently the entry in this palace is not allowed due to legal issues, but one can admire its beauty from a distance (Amber road). With cool wind blowing through your hair, calm surroundings and entire place being lit up by full moon, the experience is mesmerizing.
2. Hot air balloon ride: Flying in a hot air balloon in itself is a fun experience. Now imagine what it would be like if you add Jaipur sightseeing with the tour! Hovering over Amber Fort, Jal Mahal and markets nearby, the ride offers panoramic view of the entire city. Hot air balloon ride is a must try if you are in Jaipur.
3. Cycle around town: There are few places in Jaipur from where you can hire a bicycle and you would be provided with a complete itinerary to explore this mysterious city. As thrilling as it sounds, a three hour trip on a bicycle around the town can help you get a closer look at the Rajasthani culture, connect with locals and you can also try local dishes.
4. Try your hand at pottery: Jaipur’s clay art work is just as famous as its forts. There are a number of workshops conducted in Jaipur where you can enrol and learn moulding a few pieces. It’s once in a lifetime experience and can be enjoyed by the entire family. So if you are in Jaipur, don’t forget to get your hands dirty!
5. Pyaaz ki kachori: It is a no brainer that if you are in Jaipur you have to eat Pyaaz ki kachori. Having stuffing of potatoes, onions and garlic, this Rajasthan delicacy is famous throughout the world for its mouth-watering taste. It is difficult to stop at just one kachori once you eat it. The most popular place to try this dish is Rawat Mishthan Bhandar and it is best enjoyed with afternoon tea. The other dishes which you can try while in the city are mirchi-vada, dal kachori, golgappa and Lassi.
6. Shopping: No trip is ever complete without shopping! Don’t forget to buy mojaris, bangles and leheraiya dupatta from Bapu Bazar. Things here are cheap, fun and classy! Bagru and Sanganeri prints, the traditional block printing techniques of Jaipur are famous. So you can buy bed-sheets and blankets with those prints.
This vibrant city has got a lot more to offer than just the things mentioned above. So pack your bags and head off!